Telephone: +27 (0)15 151 0111
The Foundation Phase runs from Grade RR to Grade 3. With smaller classes and dedicated teachers we strive to nurture children who are excited to learn and eager to participate in all school activities. Our beautiful surroundings lend themselves to outdoor learning and caring for the environment. Our approach is holistic and we aim to grow children who can succeed and excel in an ever changing world. Each child is valued as an individual and encouraged to achieve their full potential, which is echoed in our school motto, "Believe in Yourself." All teaching staff have undergone Cambridge training and the Cambridge curriculum has been introduced across the Foundation phase this year, 2014.
The grade 4 - 6's follow the Cambridge Primary Curriculum in three learning areas; English, Mathematics and Science. These Cambridge Primary Checkpoint exams are written at the end of Year 6 (Grade 6). The CAPS curriculum is used as a guideline in the learning areas Afrikaans (2nd language) and Social Science for grades 4 - 7. Teachers are encouraged to extend the program using innovative ideas from a wide variety of resources. The grade 7's are introduced to the Cambridge KS3 level in Mathematics, Science and English. This sets a good foundation for when they enter High School. To further enrich the academic program, Art, Computers and Ecology encourage pupils to become aware of the world around them and to express their individuality. A weekly fitness lesson is included in the timetable.
- Class sizes are kept to a maximum of 25, enabling students and staff to interact closely.
- Classes are streamed according to ability in key subjects.
- We have highly qualified and motivated staff.
- Information Technology is compulsory for all students to IGCSE level. Students work at their own computers with monitored internet access.
- Practical skills in Chemistry, Physics and Biology are considered essential to the proper understanding of the subject and we therefore have our own dedicated labs for each.
- Remedial reading programme in place to improve reading and comprehension abilities of students who test below average as this affects performance in all subjects.
- The first 3 years of the academic programme are designed to culminate in the Cambridge IGCSE exam (International General Certificate of Secondary Education). This is an internationally
- recognized curriculum.
- The curriculum encourages students to use an investigative approach to problem solving. The emphasis being on initiative and application of skills to solve problems.
- Caters for varying levels of ability with a choice between core and extended in many subjects.
- Subjects offered are: English (1st Language), Afrikaans (2nd Language), Business Studies, Accounting, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, History, Geography, IT and Art.
- Students take 8 subjects at IGCSE.
- Students can choose between the Cambridge AS exam (Advanced Subsidiary) or the IEB (National curriculum administered by the Independent Examination Board) according to their individual needs.
- Both streams rigorously prepare students for entry into South African Universities and other tertiary institutions.
- IEB believe that assessment drive teaching and learning and the syllabus encourages clear thinking, analysis, evaluation, unambiguous communication and substantiation of opinion.\
- IEB curriculum comprises of a portfolio as well as a final examination.
Subjects offered at IEB include:
English (1st Language), Afrikaans (2nd Language), Mathematics, Maths Literacy, Business Studies, Accounting, History, Geography, Natural Science, Physical Science and Life Orientation.
- Students take 7 subjects for IEB
- The AS syllabus is widely written throughout the world and is renowned for developing practical application skills, oral skills, problem solving, initiative, team work and investigative skills.
- Subjects offered at AS include: English (1st language), Afrikaans (2nd language), Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Business Studies, Accounting, History, Geography, Computer Studies and Art.
- Students take 6 subjects for AS.
Admission Enquiries Click here to send us an enquiry