ABBOTT'S COLLEGE CLAREMONTPopular Featured
We strive towards high quality education that is directed at the needs of each individual student at the college. Our learning and teaching programme is driven by passionate teachers that apply their professional knowledge to establish a highly effective learning environment. Our wide variety of subjects allows us to design a subject package that will suit the educational needs of most students. The effective intervention and assessment programmes promote continuous learning throughout the year and prepare students for higher learning.
Welcome to Abbotts College, the leading Grade 10, 11 and 12 college in South Africa. Our unique approach to education is underpinned by an understanding that this final and critical phase in a child’s education will shape and determine their future.
Abbotts College is about optimal results and giving every student the best opportunity to achieve this. Our excellent results, across the ability spectrum, year after year speak for themselves.
We attain this through
- Excellent and experienced teachers
- Small classes and extra lessons when necessary
- Supervised homework immediately after classes
- Teachers available telephonically after hours
- Comprehensive career guidance
- A culture of mutual respect that fosters participation and promotes learning
- A code of conduct that allows for students to express individuality within a caring, monitored and supportive environment
- An ethos of total commitment to fulfilling student potential in a holistic and balanced way
Admission is based primarily on a personal interview with the principal or deputy principal. Academically, the only pre-requisite is that the student has passed the previous grade to the one he/she is applying for.
The relationship between the college and the students is guided by the Code of Conduct which all
students are required to sign.
For our international students this process may be completed via the internet, e-mail and/or fax in those countries not visited by our representatives.
In some cases there may be a waiting list but these lists are managed with great care.
At the interview, the following must be submitted:
- Most recent school reports
- Identity document of parents or guardians
- Birth certificate of the student
A non-refundable administration fee is payable upon enrolment.
For more information on fees and admissions, please contact the college.
Admission Enquiries: click here to email an enquiry