JABEZ CHRISTIAN ACADEMYPopular Featured
Parents phone the school to make an appointment for their child/ren to come and write a placement test. Tests have to be passed with a sub-minimum of 50% in English and Mathematics. On passing the test, an interview with the principal is scheduled during which all enrolment requirements are discussed as well as questions from parents are answered. Parents then complete the booklet and submit it back to the office with all required supporting documentation and the registration fee. On receipt of the booklet, registration fee and documentation the learner is then placed on the admission register and considered as an enrolled learner of Jabez Christian Academy.
A School with a Difference
- Our vision is to equip learners to develop Godly character while ensuring academic excellence.
- Our mission is to raise well-balanced, disciplined Christians through academics, sports and culture.
- An international Christ-centered environment
- National Core Curriculum (Grade RR – 12)
- Only 25 learners per class
- Caring teachers
- Academic excellence: Entrance tests have to be written and passed
- Independent Examination Board (IEB) Matric Examinations: 100% pass since inception
- Sport: Netball, Soccer, Volleyball, Athletics, Cross-country
- Cultural: Drama, Chess, Choir, Cooking
- Spiritual: Outreaches, Bible period each day, integrated Christianity in each subject
- Music, Ballroom, Art (optional)
- Computer classes Grades RR – 12
Aims and objectives of teaching in the Foundation Phase.
The Foundation Phase (Grade R- 3) spans the child’s first few years of formal schooling. Vital skills, knowledge, attitudes and values are established during these years. During this Phase we lay the foundation for each child to achieve success in Literacy and Mathematics, and to develop a healthy self-esteem, good work ethic, social skills and love for learning (Life Skills). We make every effort to recognise, acknowledge and develop the strengths, talents and potential of our young learners.
Intermediate & Senior Phase
Aims and objectives of teaching in the intermediate and senior phase.
In the Intermediate (Grade 4-6) and Senior phase (Grade 7-9) we strive to build on the success of our foundation phase in the areas of mathematics, literacy, entrepreneurial skills and humanities. We equip our children with management and leadership skills that will be valuable to them on their journey through life. Through our Bible and Character Building classes we instil in our learners sound biblical principles and moral values that they could utilise in their daily lives. Our learners are also exposed to sport, cultural and artistic interests via “hands on” classes in arts and culture covering dancing, music, art and drama.
AS SCHOOL WE ASPIRE TO
Continually submit to the Sovereignty of God the Father, the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Instill in our children:
- a desire for Christian wisdom, to enable them to conquer the challenges of life.
an eternal perspective
- Provide an internationally recognized academic education that will serve as a foundation for tertiary studies and skills.
- Further develop the whole child in body, soul and spirit.
- Equip our children from pre-school to Grade 12 with knowledge, skills and Christian values and attitudes.
- Biblical integration in all subjects
Matric Farewell 2014
Teaching and learning in the FET phase
Teachers are specialists in their own areas of teaching. This is the most exciting, demanding and yet challenging phase! Learners are prepared to face the challenges of life, reach for their set goals in their future endeavors. Learners are encouraged to meet deadlines of projects, work under pressure and are equipped with entrepreneurial and management skills. Skills which were developed from Foundation, Intermediate and Senior phases get their final touch through tests, examinations, presentations, debates, practical experiments, field trips and investigations which equip them for tertiary and corporate world exposure.
There is depth in content and types of assessment given where learners are presented with real life situations and have to make informed decisions and motivate why they opted for a specific decision. Learners are viewed as individual entities with a set of uniqueness and hence a lot of peer pressure is pruned out. There is a lot of interaction amongst Teacher, Learner and Parent with the learner as our focal point. The FET teachers work together to give their best to the valuable learners and there is a strong learner support system to help all learners reach their full potential.