SCHOOL OF TRANSFORMATIONPopular Featured
School of Transformation aspires to provide a mainstream academic supportive environment for learners with ADHD and barriers to learning, where the children can grow spiritually, emotionally and intellectually.
We strive to educate the learners to the highest standards and reach their full potential, enabling them to make a positive and valuable contribution to the community, their own future and the future of our country. We assist these learners to become well integrated so they can become contributing members of our society.
School of Transformation was established to serve the needs of the community for a school that offers academic support within the Boksburg area.
In 2004 we started in a house with only three pupils and have since grown to over 120 pupils. Needless to say, we outgrew our premises and were blessed to acquire and convert three houses into a learning facility. All three interlinking houses provide a homely environment which we are striving to maintain.
School of Transformation follows the National Curriculum as prescribed by the Gauteng Education Department, in addition to having an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each child specifically focused at his/her area of need.
What we Cater for
At School of Transformation, we cater for students with a variety of barriers to learning, including:
- Asperger Syndrome
- High Function Autism
- Emotional difficulties (supported through our mentoring programme and counselling).
- Reintegration into mainstream environment after alternative school environments, such as in the case of home-schooling or similar
Our small classes enable us to address each student’s individual needs.
Our mission is to:
- Rebuild self esteem and restore lost confidence
- Motivate learners to foster an enjoyment for learning
- Instil a love of self and of learning
- Help each child to find his or her identity to reach their goals and targets
- Help each child to reach their maximum potential
- Remedy weaknesses
- Challenge abilities without undue pressure