ST MARY'S DIOCESAN SCHOOL FOR GIRLSPopular
St. Mary’s provides, in a caring Christian environment, a well rounded education of the highest academic standards wherein each girl can maximise her potential and develop the skills and confidence to take charge of her future.
To be a world class, Christian school that inspires girls to become remarkable women,
AIMS OF ST MARY’S
In accordance with its Christian foundation and its concern for the education of future generations, whatever their cultural background, the School seeks:
- To develop each individual to her full potential spiritually, intellectually, physically, culturally and socially.
- To provide a secure setting in which, with the aid of specialist teaching, the imagination can be kindled, intellectual curiosity aroused, industry rewarded and academic potential fulfilled.
- To create a community in which young people, sharing with adults in a wide range of activities, are fully prepared for the challenges and responsibilities of life.
- To encourage students to move beyond the confines of the school to an awareness of and concern for the needs of the wider community.
- To promote an atmosphere of friendship, integrity and trust, in which emotional and other needs are recognised and met, consideration shown and tolerance exercised.
- To encourage a spirit of service, sense of civic responsibility, self-motivation and self-discipline as the basis of leadership at all levels.